Wood County Hospital is accepting applications for an RN in our Emergency Department. The RN provides personal care and professional excellence with the systematic use of the nursing process in providing/directing the care of patients requiring trauma, urgent, supportive and evaluative care.
- Triage patients by assessing their needs and briefly evaluating their condition.
- Formulate nursing diagnoses on patients and then set priority of treatment based on medical and nursing diagnoses.
- Give appropriate discharge instructions and take whatever steps are necessary to help the patient understand and follow those instructions.
- Care for major trauma patients.
- Administer, observe, chart and record accurately the use of medications/controlled drugs and IV procedures.
Hours: Part Time, 21 hours/week
Shift: Day Shift
Thursday - 8a-5p and one 12 hour shift per week
Every third weekend rotation
- Graduate from an accredited school or otherwise recognized nursing program.
- Licensed RN in the state of Ohio within 120 days of hire.
- Emergency Nurse certification preferred.
Join our team, and you ll have access to a cutting-edge facility with state of the art technology. You ll also interact with some of the region's top notch healthcare professionals. You ll find plenty of opportunities to grow and advance your career.
We ll also reward your hard work with:
- Great health, dental and vision plans
- Competitive wages
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- Generous short term and long term disability plans
- Employer-matched 403(b)
- Employer sponsored cash balance pension plan
- Vacation and Holiday time
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- And a lot more!
Associated topics: asn, intensive, intensive care, intensive care unit, nurse, psychatric, recovery, surgery, transitional, unit