This position is posted as a JIC (Job Interest Community). You are submitting your application for all Patient Care Nursing Assistant opportunities that may be open at Hillcrest Hospital. Once you apply, we will personally review your application to ensure that you meet the minimum qualifications and have completed the entire application. You may be contacted to discuss your experience, shift, and location preferences. Our goal is the ensure that the job you apply for is the perfect fit for you. Positions may be open in the following departments:
3 Seidman - Oncology/Palliative Care/
4 Seidman - Progressive Care
5 Seidman - Med/Surg, GI, Renal
3 West Tower - General Surgery/GYN/Breast/GYN Oncology
4 West Tower - Surgical ortho, neuro, trauma
4 Main Neuro - Medical Neuroscience/Stroke
3 Main - General Med/Surg
4 Main - Observation
5 Main -General medical/geriatric, chronic care
Critical Care and Emergency Department
If you are contacted for an interview, you will be given the opportunity to advise of the locations with CCF that you are interested in working. You do not need to apply to more than one JIC to be considered for various locations. Doing so, will only delay our ability to contact viable applicants in a timely manner.
Provides or assists with basic direct patient care activities under the supervision of an RN with skills specifically identified on applicable skills checklists for which training and competency have been established.
* Reports abnormal findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to RN.
* These may include but are not limited to vital signs, weights, assisting patients with personal care and activities of daily living, patient transfers/transport, pulse oximetry, point of care testing, dressing changes, application of external monitoring devices, and removal of urinary Foley Catheter.
* Assists with keeping patient rooms clean & orderly.
* Demonstrates a positive, concerned and sensitive response in the workplace.
* Strong interpersonal skills to interact with patients and staff.
* Ability to read, write and speak English and to follow oral and written instructions..
* Ability to perform basic clinical mathematics.
* Other duties as assigned. Competencies in both the professional, technical and clinical knowledge domains must be demonstrated in a safe, effective and efficient manner.
* Maintains personal growth and development through the ongoing process of formal and informal education.
* High School Diploma/GED.
* State Tested Nursing Assistant (STNA) preferred.
* Successful completion of BLS through American Heart Association (AHA) required within new hire period.
* Nursing students required to have BLS prior to hire.
Complexity of Work:
* Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
* Demonstrates proficiency in applied mathematics & reading comprehension at an 8th grade level.
* Nursing students who have recently completed a minimum of one clinical rotation as part of an accredited nursing school program may substitute the clinical rotation for the required experience.
* Requires full body motion to move and lift patients, manual finger dexterity with good eye-hand coordination; involves extensive standing and walking.
* Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
* Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
* Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Keywords: pcna, patient care assistant, stna, state tested nursing assistant, patient care nursing assistant, cna, nursing assistant
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Associated topics: ambulatory, cardiothoracic, coronary, maternal, mhb, nurse, nurse rn, registered nurse, surgery, surgical